Thursday, 16 May 2013

Enough Will Always Be Enough. (In These Circumstances)

Don't be put off by this post! It's just advice and a mini anecdote thing :)
Today, I wanted to address a problem that many of us have experienced before, including me.
You know, people make fun of others for
the way they look
their personality
the things they like
their opinion
discrimination and prejudice

and sometimes, they pick on you, and they have no reason to do it.

That's what it's like with me. Some people at my school do pick on me, but I feel as though there's nothing I can possibly do about it.

I mean, I can tell the teacher, but that sometimes can only make things worse

and I could tell some of my friends, but as it happens, those friends I have are friends with the people who don't like me

don't get me wrong, that's not their fault. I totally respect them for being friends with whoever they want to be, I won't stop them from being friends with anyone who clearly doesn't seem to like me.


but anyway, like I was saying, I could tell those friends, but they wouldn't try to take sides.

maybe they won't even believe you.

I understand it hurts being bullied. My bullying is more the discrete kind, it's not like anybody except me can say they saw or heard what they did to me.

When you ask them such a question as "Why do you make fun of me for being who I am?" they will simply answer by saying...
"I don't know."

my problem's been going on for three years ever since the start of high school

but you know what? Enough is enough.

If you've been bullied in any was, be it physically or verbally, you should know, you don't have to put up with it.


you need to be heard.

be strong
be proud of who you are

don't flick it underneath the carpet like it's a minor thing.


bullying is a serious issue, and nobody should have to handle it just because a group of kids who have no hobbies of their own want to see someone elses life ruined.

you need to stick up for yourself.

make new friends.

I'm still bullied everyday, and people do believe me, the people who I know I can trust
but there are people who are friends with my bullies, who can be nice people, and can believe me, but other times, they don't want to hear about it

because they've heard it over and over again so many times.


and I've tried to make it work, you know? I've tried to stay friends with those wonderful people, but it's like only I ever try. I'm sure they try too, but if they saw things the way I did, maybe


just maybe


they would understand.


And now I'm sticking up for myself too, because for the last three years I've had to deal with it alone, but not anymore.

I made friends and I don't feel as bad as I used to, because they've always got my back.
I always feel like I have someone to talk to, you should feel the same way.

it's not just you who gets bullied, and you're not alone. neither am I

I'm pretty sure so many other people go through the same thing everyday.
but you know what? just keep trying to be yourself, you don't have to do anything to please the people around you sometimes. work hard at what you do. don't let them get you down. don't let them stop you from doing what you want to do.


they won't be the ones who get far in life. you will. what goes around comes around. always.



enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment